Inner City Capital Connections (ICCC) is a tuition-free executive leadership training program designed by the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC) to help business owners in economically-distressed areas build capacity for sustainable growth in revenue, profitability, and employment. It is the only program of its kind to provide three critical elements for sustainable growth: Capacity-building education, One-on-one coaching, Connections to capital and capital providers.
Aimed at ensuring the long-term growth of inner city businesses, our program helps business owners provide local residents and surrounding anchor institutions with vital services, create jobs, generate wealth, and help drive economic growth in their own communities.
ICCC is designed for busy executives of all expertise levels, and its impact is proven to strengthen businesses and the inner city communities where they operate. It helps bridge the gap for the 70% of inner city businesses that are dramatically undercapitalized, but that cite lack of knowledge and relationships as key barriers to obtaining it.
** Eligibility **A business must meet all of the following criteria in order to be eligible for participation in ICCC:
- Be an independent, for-profit or non-profit corporation, partnership or proprietorship
- Have its headquarters or more than 51% of its physical operations located in an economically-distressed area OR have more than 40% of employees residing in an economically-distressed area.
- Be past the survival stage. We typically work with businesses with annual revenues of at least $500,000. Have been in operation for two years or more and past the proof-of-concept stage.
- ICCC does not accept start-up companies.
- On a case-by-case basis, ICCC will consider businesses that do not meet all of the specified criteria on the recommendation of a nominator.
EcoMap Baltimore is here to help entrepreneurs find the resources they need to build startups, small businesses, and nonprofits in their communities.